The SCBWI 2009 Summer Conference in Los Angeles is just around the corner and I am just about beside myself with anticipation. In honor of this amazing upcoming event, which happens to be my first national conference for writers, I've written yet another fun little poem to keep my fingers and word-weaving thoughts entertained.

Summer Conference, Almost Here
by Jenni Bielicki

Summer conference, almost here.
Creating.
Waiting.
Elating.

Two more days to pack my gear.
Lacking.
Stacking.
Attacking.

The names and faces, not so clear.
Weeding.
Reading.
Speeding.

Each friendly face will calm my fear.
Grinning.
Beginning.
Winning.

Absorbing cheers for my career.
Yearning.
Learning.
Earning.

There’ll be a Blue Moon Ball, I hear.
Dressing.
Guessing.
Impressing.

Everyone is so sincere.
Caring.
Sharing.
Baring.

Knowing I shall persevere.
Holding.
Molding.
Unfolding.

Staring down a new frontier.
Proving.
Moving.
Improving.

Watching closely where to steer.
Twisting.
Insisting.
Persisting.


Too fast, day four will then appear.
Hauling.
Recalling.
Installing.

I’ll have new friends, both far and near.
Remaining.
Sustaining.
Entertaining.

We’ll laugh and cry again next year.
Reflecting.
Connecting.
Affecting.

Summer Conference, almost here.
Inviting.
Exciting.
I'm writing!