It's that time of the year again. It's my 3rd year as a National Picture Book Writing Week challenge participant. It takes place between May 1-7 and is one of the most insane (and exciting) weeks of the year for us picture book writers.  Paula Yoo has once again challenged us to write seven picture books in seven days.  Yep, that's right.  SEVEN!!!

Of course, these are seven first-draft picture books, but insanely challenging, none the less.  You can read more about the details of this lovely event and enjoy guest blogs on Paula's website at http://paulayoo.com/napi/.

I'll post here daily, giving an update of my personally NaPi progress.  And speaking of, I'm on my 2nd spread of my first PB.  If you jump in today, don't worry that you're starting late.  I'm notoriously behind with this thing and have been known to write my last 3-4 picture books in the last day... Yes, as you can tell, I'm painfully competitive and I like it that way!

Good luck and above all, have fun!