I was pretty excited about the self portrait I sketched on Thursday. But to be honest, something didn't sit quite right. It looked like the eyes, mouth and nose were off for some reason.  I decided to fill in a little more detail, shading in the background so I could define the angle of the face better. And guess what... it worked - it all lined up - YAY!  While I had my pencil out, I did a little more shading here and there.  All in, I spent under an hour on this sketch.

Homework: Study the proportions of children's faces (which I'm having the HARDEST time getting right).  Goal: sketch a face a day, chronologically, starting with a baby and ending with a teen.