The past few weeks have been insanely busy. My daughters are Girl Scouts and it's Girl Scout Cookie season.  So in between going door-to-door in our neighborhood with them and helping them sell at the local grocery stores, I've been reading up on proportions and how to draw faces.

My dad's cousin's husband (or, as I affectionately called him when I was little... Uncle Ron), saw that I'd been studying drawing and told me about The Notebooks of Leonardo.  In addition to being creative, I'm a math junkie so I was super excited to see how mathematical the human proportions are.  I did a little research notetaking. I think I messed up somewhere along the way, but it was fun trying to figure out what he meant word-by-word.



Today I decided that my homework was to make myself a little Facebook profile pic.  So her is my first attempt at sketching... ME!



I had fun using the simple mathematical proportions noted by Leonardo Da Vincci in his notebooks.  I learned some cool stuff. Thanks Uncle Ron!